Hiring is done for the year of 2017. We welcome you to join us next year.
Congratulations! IMEC received approval from the Canadian Government to run the “Canada Summer Jobs “Program!
Activity Coordinators (8)
9 weeks (30 hours/week) Summer Job: $ 12 / hour
International Music Education Centre (IMEC) Canada is looking for self-motivated and independent coordinators to manage the upcoming International Musical Arts Festival which scheduled from October 1 to October 3, 2017. The candidates shall be arranged in a mentoring program with goal orientation. In this program, candidates will learn how to do the research, to obtain resources, to initiate a proposal, and to carry out proposed project. Through the mentoring program and job assigned, the skills of organization, communication, and problem solving will be improved.
The candidate must be meet the following criteria:
· Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
· Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2;
· Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;
· Be in Music Arts/visual arts/graphic design in Bachelor Degree program. Advanced year student has the priority;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills must be present and effective time-management and basic computer literacy skills are necessary;
· Self-disciplined, either work independently or a group;
· Be in area music/visual arts, marketing, accounting, or management in Bachelor or Master Degree Program.
Tasks and duties to be assigned include but are not limited to:
· Update website;
· Create videos for marketing purpose;
· Plan/Prepare program rundown list based on artists’ performance style and their schedules;
· Looking for potential sponsors for the upcoming festival;
· Face-to-face, telephone, letters and email communication with artists and other related parties of the festival;
· Draft performance agreement for each art individual or art groups;
· Assist in marketing to promote the festival through social media;
· Organize a press conference of the festival;
· Design festival posters, flyers, certificates and prints;
· Sell tickets to potential audience;
· Other tasks assigned by Supervisor;
Previous experience in similar job tasks will be preferred. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those suitable for the position will be contacted for interviewing.
Job Type: Temporary
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario